Mountaineering is an utterly enjoyable activity with all the ingredients of a true adventure; that’s why it is tough and dangerous.
Mountaineering boots are made to guide you through this ardent and perilous adventure; Scarpa Phantom Guide has the same purpose.
A gripping sole, a tough midsole and an equally tough and highly insulated shell make the Scarpa Phantom Guide suitable for all kinds of mountain terrain.
The upper boot achieves remarkable insulation because of its design and composition. The shell consists of two layers; the outer one is made of Cordura™ fabric which is highly tough, breathable and insulating.
The Cordura outer layer has an Elastan™ upper part which grips your clothing and prevents any loss of heat.
The upper layer can be easily zipped up and vice versa. The inner boot employs the ultra-light and super dry Primaloft™ synthetic fabric which greatly increases the insulation efficiency of the boot.
Scarpa Phantom Guide is shaped and cushioned so as to maximize the comfort, while providing the user with excellent lateral support like a good technical climbing boot.
The boot achieves this feat with its innovative ErgoFit™ system. The midsole is intelligently designed; it has varying thickness for excellent walking comfort.
The Cordura™ upper layer with a T-Zip and Elastan™ mouth keeps the water out. The waterproof Primaloft™ inner boot is breathable too; no sweat can make it wet.
If that wasn’t enough, the OutDry™ membrane effectively absorbs moisture to make the Scarpa Phantom Guide, a perfectly dry foot-house.
Grip and Durability:
The shell, the midsole and the outsole, all are made to withstand extreme abuse. The hard hitting Cordura™ uppers, the shock absorbing polyurethane midsoles and the ultra-tough Vibram® outsoles render the boot essentially invincible.
To cap it all, the boot is wrapped up by a high density, abrasion resistant rubber rand, no terrain can pierce. The Vibram TT3 sole has a multi-directional tread design for a spider-grip. The crampon capability further enhances the boot’s ice trekking performance.
Check Out This Review For More Info:
Pro’s And Con’s Of The Scarpa Phantom Guide Boots
- ErgoFit™ provides progressive flex for comfortable movement and rear randing locks for efficient climbing.
- Twin Layers for maximum insulation and durability.
- Primaloft™ fabric and OutDry™ membrane ensure warmth and waterproofing inside out.
- TPU midsoles for excellent shock absorption
- Crampon ready Vibram TT3 stud outsole grips every bit of rock and ice.
- You can buy the Scarpa Phantom Guide Boots plus get FREE shipping by clicking here.
- The boot’s lacing system is a bit too complex as compared to the T-Zip of outer layer.
- The Phantom Guide is expertly designed to maximize comfort; that’s why a wrong fit or size may prove very painful.
- Shell Material: Cordura / Elastan
- Removable Liner: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes
- Sole: Vibram TT3
- Crampon Ready: Yes
- Weight: 900 grams.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 1 Year
The light weight, twin-layered Phantom Guide is a truly versatile, all-season mountaineering boot out there.
The best place to buy a pair of Scarpa Phantom Guide Mountaineering boots is backcountry.com. The reasons for our recommendation are simple. All orders on our this site are processed on secure servers. All credit card information is encrypted and protected. They also offer FREE shipping on orders over $50. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime return policy! and most importantly the best Price!!